Forums / Support / Dialer Failed . . Retry

Dialer Failed . . Retry

I have dial up. BB works fine when I initiate the dial up and get BB started. If for somereason the connection gets lost BB tries forever to log on. I believe I have the dialer configured correctly. It doesn't get rejected by my server. It never connects and keeps trying.

How do I determine what the port number needs to be?

I have not used the scheduler.

Thoughts?

thx

BinaryBoy's reply to cjs123 #8803 @

When it gets disconnected, is it only disconnected from the server or does it actually hang up the phone line? If it needs to redial, make sure "Dial using Phone Book Entry" is selected on the Dialer tab in the Settings.

The port number is almost always 119. If it's anything different, your Usenet provider should have the info available.

If you send me a log, I can take a closer a look at what's going on. To create a log, run Binary Boy from the Start button like this: binboy.exe -log -ilog -dlog -rlog

Binary Boy will write its progress to "Documents\Binary Boy\Logs\log.txt" You can send that file to support at binaryboy dot com.

P.S. A log is especially important in this case because I don't have access to a dial-up connection to test at the moment.