Forums / Support / one newsgroup shows all messages everytime

one newsgroup shows all messages everytime

hello, and thanks for the help on the other thread, got that issue fixed.

I'm watching about five binary newsgroups and most of them behave exactly as they should. I click search, NEW, pull down to the list i want, and I only get the new headers, the ones i have not seen before.

One group however, wants to display every message on the group, no matter how many times I have already seen them, i get them all.

Is there anything I can look for to prevent this? I only want to see the new headers.

BinaryBoy's reply to wilburn #9500 @

Open the group list editor, right-click the Newsgroup and click Properties. Set "Next Article" to 0. Does that help?

wilburn's reply to BinaryBoy #9501 @

It was already set to 0

so i guess the answer is no.

thanks for the reply, tho

wilburn's reply to BinaryBoy #9502 @

It was already set to 0

so, I guess no, that doesnt help

but thanks for the reply anyway

and pardon me if this shows up twice

BinaryBoy's reply to wilburn #9503 @

In the search results tab, right-click the results area, go to "List Options", go to "Remember" and click "Highest Scanned".

Try a New search. Then close Binary Boy and try another New search. Did it return fewer results?

Go to the group list editor, right-click the newsgroup and click Properties. Did the Next Article value change from 0?

P.S. Because of spammers, articles don't show up until they're approved.

wilburn's reply to wilburn #9504 @

Everything you said, was already the default. I got frustrated and quit and then un-installed, and re-installed. Now, theres no place to enter my registered number, only a BUY click that takes me to a web page where theres nothing except a promise to give me a discount.... and for some reason, all my information was already entered in all the settings, even tho i deleted the previous folder in the program files folder... in fact i used search and got rid of everything before i re-installed

anyway the program loads, but when i click to search, it flashes and then disappears. I can see the icon show up briefly in the system tray but then its gone.

I dont know whats going on. it definitely seems to crash when i try to search

BinaryBoy's reply to wilburn #9506 @

Some settings are in the registry at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Hochsw\BinaryBoy\1.00

If there's no "Enter Name & Key" command under the Help menu, download the latest from http://www.binaryboy.com/patch.php If you need your key, email support at binaryboy dot com and I'll email it back to you.

If you want to send me a log, you can do that as well. You can create a log from the Start button by typing: binboy.exe -log -ilog

You can access the log from the File menu with the View Log command. Or you can find it under Documents\Binary Boy\Logs\log.txt