Forums / Support / "Rename New File" doesn't work in 193 Pro

"Rename New File" doesn't work in 193 Pro

Hi- is there a fix for this problem? I check and uncheck and re-check this but all Binary Boy Pro (193 version 1) does is discard the new file, not rename it as it says it will. I'm losing a lot of stuff this way.

Jeez, it worked fine in the old days when i had the free Ad version, but that won't work on my new XP computer. I hate it when i spring for the money version and it doesn't work as well as the old one. I hate XP.... well, you get the idea.

Is there a Fix for this, please?

BinaryBoy's reply to gallant205 #366 @

I'm unable to reproduce this problem with either 1.93 build 1 or with the latest beta. On the File | History window, make sure both the Message-Id history and filename history options are unchecked. They'll block the file before it ever gets to the renaming point.

If this is a problem with a specific file, you can email me the newsgroup name and something to search for and I'll try again. support@binaryboy.com

gallant205's reply to gallant205 #367 @

hi again,

both of those options were checked. i have unchecked them, and it now works fine. i even did it on the fly, and it picked it rght up.

hey, any MAJOR reason to install that Beta Upgrade i just downloaded (out of frustration)?? :)

thanks again. i love this product, i NEVER spend money on software, and i can tell you i CHEERFULLY did so for binary boy.

BinaryBoy's reply to gallant205 #368 @

Great!

Build 1 has a few minor bugs. It can crash when processing a subject containing a certain (rare) combination of characters, in auto mode the Stop button can fail to respond and under some circumstances it can be very slow to delete parts after a decode. If you're not having these problems, there's no immediate need to upgrade.

Happy downloading!