Forums / Support / Several Suggestions again

Several Suggestions again

my previouis post never showed up so here it is again:

1. create linux version.
2. when minimized to tray still alert user if finished downloading.
3. when naming folders for individual newsgroups give user an option of abreviating the names. For example. alt.pictures.tools to be named as 'a.p.tools' or 'tools'.
4. Ability to upload like powerpost.
5. Show picture window inside of the program rather than opening a separate window. Such as creating a pane in which the picture could be displayed.
6. Create ability to select multiple lists during a single session.
For example a pane with a list of all the lists available where i can check off all the lists i want to be scanend during this particular session.
7. Being able to create list of lists. Such as super_list.lst which will containt for example cars.lst, books.lst and airplanes.lst. When super_list.lst is run it will first download all the articles contained in cars.lst then books.lst and then airplanes.lst
8. Delay before 'loop'. After finished a list wait a certian nmber of minutes before looping again.
9. Time remaining before the downloading is done.
10. Find duplicate images in a selected folder. bit by bit comparison.
11. Being able to select per session groups. Temporary groups that will be deleted as soon as items from them are downloaded. So no lists. Just a way to do a quick download.

BinaryBoy's reply to pgb204 #422 @

The original did show up and then disappeared. Don't know why.

1. create linux version.

I'd like to but it's unlikely any time soon because of lack of time.

2. when minimized to tray still alert user if finished downloading.
3. when naming folders for individual newsgroups give user an option of abreviating the names. For example. alt.pictures.tools to be named as 'a.p.tools' or 'tools'.

Good ideas.

4. Ability to upload like powerpost.

Posting is planned. Is there a specific feature you want? I've never used powerpost.

5. Show picture window inside of the program rather than opening a separate window. Such as creating a pane in which the picture could be displayed.

Planned as a dockable/detachable window.

6. Create ability to select multiple lists during a single session.
For example a pane with a list of all the lists available where i can check off all the lists i want to be scanend during this particular session.
7. Being able to create list of lists. Such as super_list.lst which will containt for example cars.lst, books.lst and airplanes.lst. When super_list.lst is run it will first download all the articles contained in cars.lst then books.lst and then airplanes.lst

This might be in a future version. It's not exactly what you want, but you might want to look into the Chain To field in the group list editor. You can enter the name of another list that should automatically start when this one is finished.

8. Delay before 'loop'. After finished a list wait a certian nmber of minutes before looping again.
9. Time remaining before the downloading is done.

Planned.

10. Find duplicate images in a selected folder. bit by bit comparison.

You might want to check out UniqueFiler

11. Being able to select per session groups. Temporary groups that will be deleted as soon as items from them are downloaded. So no lists. Just a way to do a quick download.

Temporary lists are planned. These will probably do what you want. Eventually there will be an option for Binary Boy to handle news/nntp URLs. A temporary list will be used to download the article.

Stoner's reply to pgb204 #425 @

I had some problems downloading Unique Filer from the link above, but was able to get it from ftp://sohosoft.com/pub/ufsetup.exe .