Forums / Support / I see the headers, but can't download files...

I see the headers, but can't download files...

Howdy. I've been a satisfied BB user for over a year, but today something weird is happening. When I search, I see all the files, but when I highlight a bunch of them and hit "DOWNLOAD", the queu goes from 200 to 0 in about 1 second.

I've hit "Master Reset" to clear any history info, and rebooted my computer.

Any ideas?

BinaryBoy's reply to Cineburk #156 @

Are any errors displayed on the Log tab? If your password is being rejected it can mean you've reached your bandwidth limit.

You might also have a filter option set incorrectly. Go to the Header Filter tab in the settings and uncheck all options. Make sure the header filter string itself is correct.

Look in errorlog.txt in the Binary Boy folder. If you see error 82, it means either the Parts or Attachments folder is full. In that case, delete or move some files out of the folder and then tell Binary Boy to use subfolders. This option for the Parts folder is on the Files tab in the settings. The option for the Attachments folder is on the group list editor and is set separately for each list.

If you still can't find the cause, create a log to see exactly what's happening. Run Binary Boy from the Windows Start | Run window like this: binboy.exe -log -ilog -declog

Then try to download again. Binary Boy's progress will be written to log.txt in the Binary Boy folder. You can send this file to support@binaryboy.com if you like and I'll analyze it for you.

GeoffD's reply to Cineburk #168 @

I too am having the same problem. Looking at the log in BB there are errors like:

23:43:31: GetHead2(): 503 Program fault - function not performed

For some reason this just started. Is the error related to BB or to the news server? This is happening in XP and ME.

Clicking on refresh sometimes works and forcing a download can also work.

BinaryBoy's reply to Cineburk #169 @

Originally posted by GeoffD
I too am having the same problem. Looking at the log in BB there are errors like:

23:43:31: GetHead2(): 503 Program fault - function not performed

For some reason this just started. Is the error related to BB or to the news server? This is happening in XP and ME.

Clicking on refresh sometimes works and forcing a download can also work.

That's a server error. Just prior to that Binary Boy must have sent a command like HEAD 1234. Assuming BB didn't send a garbled command, this is a problem with the server.

jwenberg's reply to Cineburk #250 @

I have been finding many listings in the error log that looks like this.

13:19:36: UUDFirst(): No 'begin' line found in ".\Parts\[bm] Cheap Trick - 1998 - At Budokan - The Complete Concert - CD1 - 100 - At Budokan - The Complete Concert - CD1.m3u.1.1.BBT".

This only happens to messages posted in [bm] form, I don't know what kind compression mode [bm] is, but it seems to not work with BB.

BinaryBoy's reply to Cineburk #251 @

Which newsgroup has the [bm] files? I'll take a look at them.

If this is actually a yEnc problem, you can fix it by upgrading to the latest 1.91 beta at http://www.binaryboy.com/patch.php

jwenberg's reply to Cineburk #252 @

pretty much all the mp3 newsgroups have [bm] files, thanks for the fix