Forums / Support / v1.91 Build 871

v1.91 Build 871

I posted my initial issue in the other forum list which many of you may or may not see, so im posting it in the correct place now. Sorry bout the cross posting.

Not sure if anyone else is having this problem, but after going to the 871 build, I can no longer connect to my news server. I have tried with my isp's news server and my pay server and both give errors saying : Connection failed with error 10061 - No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it." I can however access my servers in outlook express, so it's defintely BB related.

Had to go back to Build 1 since I don't have any older builds on hand.

kalami

BinaryBoy's reply to kalami #180 @

Are you using Tiny Personal Firewall? Sometimes it doesn't notice the new install and then blocks it from accessing the internet. If that's the case, I'd try deleting the binboy.exe, running the original bbst.exe, then installing the upgrade again. Or a temporary workaround is to disable the firewall.

kalami's reply to kalami #183 @

Turns out it was firewall related. I am not running Tiny, but am running Zone Alarm. At the time ZA wasn't even running, but after i started it up It asked me if I wanted to allow BB online. Kinda strange, guess even when ZA closes it stays in the background somehow, because I defintely know I closed it and didn't system tray it. Anyways, Thanks fro the help again, always there when needed :)

kalami