Forums / Support / Low rate of successful files and Error messages in logs

Low rate of successful files and Error messages in logs

I've tried several usenet providers and am getting very low percentage of successfully downloaded files. I've enabled -declog and can see the following recorded over and over:

IMC: Not found yet
15:32:32: IMC: Incomplete
15:32:33: Parsing Message-Id...Done

When I say low I mean a few percentage points of all files queued are downloaded and displayed in folder.

BinaryBoy's reply to pgb205 #17000 @

That's the downloader checking to see if there are enough parts to send to the decoder. For example, you'll see that for each of (1/100) to (99/100). Then when all are available you should see IMC: Complete. If you see "IMC: Complete", look down farther for any errors. Also while you're downloading, look at the Log tab to see if there are any messages displayed like "Article not found".

BinaryBoy's reply to pgb205 #17002 @

That error related to newsgroups shouldn't happen in any recent builds. http://binaryboy.com/patch.php Even though you're seeing the headers for the file, it doesn't necessarily mean that the articles are still there. If you want to confirm that the article doesn't actually exist and you're not afraid of using telnet, you can try to retrieve the article manually like below from cmd.exe.

telnet news.yournewsserver.com 119
AUTHINFO USER yourusername
AUTHINFO PASS yourpassword
GROUP alt.binaries.newsgroupname
ARTICLE 12345 (You can get the number from the log. it will be after the ARTICLE command)

If you get the error even when using telnet, it might mean the file has been removed due to a DMCA complaint. I've noticed usenet providers will often delete the article in response to a complaint but keep it indexed.

Furlallexia's reply to BinaryBoy #17511 @

In theStatusline i can the number Dirs and files. None is shown in the display. Whats y fault?

BinaryBoy's reply to Furlallexia #17512 @

In theStatusline i can the number Dirs and files. None is shown in the display. Whats y fault?

The status at the bottom of the window? Or one of the tabs?