Forums / Support / v1.91, Build 1233

v1.91, Build 1233

During the installation, when you get to the "Installation Complete" page, and click "Finish", the background page (Binary Boy Installation) hangs around for several seconds. This isn't a big issue, but I'm always tempted to close it manually, and try not to to avoid any possible problems that may cause. I'm guessing it's doing some cleanup or something.

This has been happening with the last several builds.

BinaryBoy's reply to Stoner #295 @

The install script was last edited on Sep 8, 2002. That was build 765. Have any installs later than 765 worked properly?

Do you have the 'Run now" box checked? The only thing the script does at that point is run Binary Boy if necessary, although as you mentioned there might be some cleanup in the background.

Is your install.log file in the Binary Boy folder very large? Mine is about 50KB and everything works fine. If so, you can delete it and the installer will recreate it the next time you install.

Stoner's reply to Stoner #296 @

I don't recall the exact date as to when it started, but Sept is certainly possible, and it has been consistent since it started. The "Run now" box is not checked, and my INSTALL.LOG file was only 13 KB.

So, I did some checking and verified that the problem does not occur in Safe Mode, so there's something in my WinXP startup that's causing the installer some minor grief. When I get a chance to cycle through 20 or so reboots, I'll let you know which app(s) appear to be the cause.