Forums / Support / Help please

Help please

Right now I am downloading thousands of audio books (in mp3 format) which takes weeks and in my daily computer life it becomes necessary to occaisonally have to reboot the computer which means I have to stop the current search session and unload the que. So my question is, "how do I restart the search without requeing and downloading all the .mp3's I have already downloaded?"

I tried saving the que and then reloading it but the search dialog immediately ques up the previous search settings. I tried setting the NEW LAST to NEW but BB switches back to the LAST (12000) setting.

Anyway, can someone explain how to do what I am trying to do which is to download all the files in a .lst but be able to shut down, reboot the computer and begin at the last file downloaded pointer?

Thanks in advance,
Putterhead:confused:

BinaryBoy's reply to putterhead #309 @

Click the New starting point on the Search dialogbox that pops up when you're starting a search. It doesn't remember any changes to the starting point made after a search is started. That's why it changes back.

To have it remember the last newsgroup searched, right-click on the subject list. Go to List Options. Click "Start from last group searched"

To have it remember the last downloaded (rather than last scanned) article number, right-click on the subject list, go to Remember and click Highest Downloaded.

To save/load the queue, right click on the queue list and use the Save/Load commands.

To avoid downloading duplicates, go to File | History and make sure the Message-Id and Filename histories are enabled. In case any files slip by, check the "Discard New" option on the Files tab in the settings.