Forums / Support / v1.93, Build 461: Hang While Downloading

v1.93, Build 461: Hang While Downloading

BB just stopped responding in the middle of downloading a couple thousand attachments in a newsgroup. I stopped it, restarted it, and it continued on without a problem. The last few entries in errors.txt are:

Oct 23, 2003 07:27:38: Error 'The system cannot find the file specified.' in 'DeleteAllPartsOf()' while 'deleting 'F:\Jeff\Binary Boy\Parts\HTide 01.mpg.vol66+28.PAR2.28.29.BBT''
Oct 23, 2003 07:27:38: Error 'The system cannot find the file specified.' in 'DeleteAllPartsOf()' while 'deleting 'F:\Jeff\Binary Boy\Parts\HTide 01.mpg.vol66+28.PAR2.29.29.BBT''
07:27:38: yEncDecode(): Error number 3: "Set is incomplete." when joining split set: F:\Jeff\Binary Boy\Attachments\HTide 02.mpg.000.
Oct 23, 2003 07:27:38: Error 'The system cannot find the file specified.' in 'DeleteAllPartsOf()' while 'deleting 'F:\Jeff\Binary Boy\Parts\temp265549586.jpg.1.1.BBT''

Logging was off, but if it happens again, I'll turn it on and include more info, if needed.

BinaryBoy's reply to Stoner #370 @

I don't know what's causing the freeze yet but there's a bug in the code that logged those error messages. It's trying to delete files twice and of course can't find the file the second time. A new build will be available in about a half hour to fix that.

Someone else got a freeze about a week ago when Dr. Binary was deleting files so it could be releated to the file cleanup after decoding. Dr. Binary and the decoders mostly use the same code for that. If you enable logging, please use -declog in addition to -log so the deocding activity is logged as well.