Forums / Support / Add "Download To" to right click menu.

Add "Download To" to right click menu.

I would like to see a menu item do allow me to download files to a specified place. For example if I'm downloading mp3's and want them in a folder based on the almum I could just right click, and specify the dir.

Just tired of downloading one album at a time, and having to specify the correct directoy over and over again.

BinaryBoy's reply to JesterDev #433 @

Sorry, I'm a little thick sometimes. Several people have suggested something like this but I still don't fully understand.

Would you select items in the subject list, click a "Download to folder" command and then browse for a folder?

Would you click an option to have Binary Boy attempt to automatically figure out the album name and create a subfolder based on that name?

Can you give me a detailed, step by step example of how you'd use this feature? For example, what would you click on or type in, how would Binary Boy respond, where would the file go, etc...

JesterDev's reply to JesterDev #434 @

Let's say for example I there is a BAND album listed on a newsgroup:

BAND - ALBUM NAME - Songname1.mp3
BAND - ALBUM NAME - Songname2.mp3
BAND - ALBUM NAME - Songname3.mp3
BAND - ALBUM NAME - Songname4.mp3
etc..

Now the user could just select all the files from that album (Click first file, hold ctrl, click last file kind of thing) then right click, and choose: Download To.. from the menu. Now a dialog box pops up and asks where you want to download it to. It's been a while since I've done any programming, so I don't exacly remember what it's called but the dialog box should be the one where you can create a folder. That way if the folder does not already exist then the user could just create one.

So the user could specify which folder or create one themselves.

I think it would be harder and perhaps a little buggy for Binary boy to figure out where the album name starts and the song name begins. Well not hard, but since posts vary it wouldnt be a good option to allow it to create a folder based on the post subject.

I hope this clarifies things a bit. If not let me know. :)

Thanks for considering this btw. I've been using Binary Boy for years now, and really like it.

[Edited by Admin]

BinaryBoy's reply to JesterDev #435 @

Thanks I understand now.