Forums / Support / The one feature I want

The one feature I want

Howdy, big fan of BB first of all, this I think is the one feature that I want....

Allow current queue and downloads to continue while doing a search with another pre-configured search file....

My provider only allows me 4 threads total and if searching, only 3 for downloads and 8k per thread bandwidth limit....

I'd rather not have to just LUMP all groups together, but this is only thing I can do right now, and have to change search filter over and over....

Or am I missing something?

It stops/clears queue if I try to use another search list as it is now.....

I certainly know this should be possible, X-News allows you to search multiple groups at the same time but it's format is different and not quite to my liking.

-Badfinger

BinaryBoy's reply to Badfinger #483 @

Code is being written to handle multiple simultaneous sessions with a single queue that manages all the server/connection limits.

For now, since it sounds like you're using a single server anyway, you might try the Chain To field in the group list editor so one list automatically runs when the previous one finishes.

Badfinger's reply to Badfinger #515 @

[edited after further reflection]

All I want is the queue not stopped/cleared when I switch to another SEARCH LIST, in a nutshell...

Easy fix? or make a check box to allow or disallow?

-Bf

BinaryBoy's reply to Badfinger #517 @

It's not an easy fix because of the current design. The new queue, which runs in a separate thread, is pretty much complete and I'm working on subjects/cache updates now, then I'll add decoding and finally downloads. Fixing the old queue now would be unproductive.