Forums / Support / Longhorn, multi-processor reports?

Longhorn, multi-processor reports?

If you've run the latest Binary Boy beta on any of the following systems, please let me know how it went

Longhorn
Any multi-processor system
Windows 95

kicker of elves's reply to BinaryBoy #574 @

I have just upgraded to version 1.93.0.2065 of Binary Boy and WindowsXP version 5.1.2600 on both Dual Pentium II 333 Descheutes and Dual Pentium III 600 Katmai.

I am not sure what info you would like to know regarding the performance of the program, memory, cpu usage, etc but let me know and I will provide any details you may find useful.

BinaryBoy's reply to kicker of elves #575 @

Thanks.

Multithreaded apps can freeze or crash if they aren't synchronized properly. This type of bug is most likely to happen on a multiprocessor system. So basically just let me know if Binary Boy freezes permanently (not just the occasional temporary freeze such as when searching a large group) or crashes.

If it does happen to crash, it would be a nice bonus if you captured it in a log by running Binary Boy with the -log switch, although that will slow down normal operation. I suggest waiting for a crash, then try to reproduce it while the log is enabled.

One other bit of info. I think you have the CPU usage displayed in your ctrl-alt-del window. Please let me know if the second CPU is actually being used while Binary Boy is running. Hopefully it will decode on the second processor.