Forums / Support / Feature request for movie files

Feature request for movie files

It can automatically: download the nessecery part (like xxx.r01~ xxx.r50, or if some part is gone, download some par files), and unrar the movie!
If the file have a sfv file, it will be much easier..., right click xxxx.sfv, then there is a context menu, call "dl&Process", done! Same downloader a lot of time!
This means only one click you will get the movie! I dreamed this feature for a llllllllllllllllong time!

BinaryBoy's reply to hjasdasd #617 @

Thanks for the suggestions.

Doing more with rar files is a good idea. There's a lot of them around. It probably won't be a completely built-in feature though. One possibility is that Binary Boy could pass the information to WinRAR. (Auto decoding rar files might be possible with a plugin that acts as a viewer for .rar files, if anyones interested in trying it. :-)

Regarding SFV, NZB files would probably be much better for this, but I''ll look at some possibilities for handling both SFV and NZB files as you described. The drawback of SFV files is that they contain just the filename rather than a message-id or article number, so Binary Boy would have to search the subjects again to find the article number/message-id for the queue.

BinaryBoy's reply to BinaryBoy #618 @

P.S. You can't receive email notifications from this board because your email is bouncing with a "No such user" error. If you want to be notified of replies to your threads, you'll need to correct the address/problem.

Stoner's reply to BinaryBoy #619 @

For me, I see (and encourage) a lot more par files than rar's (A/V files don't compress well, so I'm not sure why folks even bother with rar's, but ...). So, I'd prefer to see some automation with par files to provide both verificaton and repair of missing/corrupt files. Even if all of the parts exist, I still run the par files verify them.

Maybe I'll find some time to work on a plug-in for em :)

hjasdasd's reply to Stoner #620 @

For the leechers, to leecher a movie take various time depend on your speed (10min~2hour?), but if there is a part missing or some file didn't get downloaded completely (like one block is missing), you need 5~10min to recover the par and another 10 min of your time to unrar. It's a lot of time and computer is good to do something automatically.... that is why I request this feature.

Stoner's reply to hjasdasd #622 @

Oh, I completely agree - which is why I'd rather they not use rar files at all. Maybe people use then because they don't know of any other way to break large files apart - who knows. All I can say with certainty is that they're not gaining much in transmission time benefits because the compression is next to nil.