Forums / Support / ooh! ooh! another question!

ooh! ooh! another question!

if i recall correctly, sometime back you made it so that BB could be set up to discard files of different names that were dups of files you already downloaded. if this is true, can you elaborate? does it just check for file size, or in the case of a picture, does it do more to verify?

if indeed this is a feature, is it possible to tell it to download a file of the same name as another you alrady have in your history, but is identifiably a different file?

im finding that as i download, often times people will post files as "dsc00002" or whatever, and i cant just say "dont populate history with numeric filenames" as dsc is a common prefix to many pictures, but they are entirely different in content.

BinaryBoy's reply to TooCrooked #658 @

The comparisons are based on either the message-id or the filename. The message-id history and filename history options are on the History File window under the File menu. There's also the filename filter under the Search Strings tab in the settings that can filter on the actual filename after decoding. It's handy for cases when the filename in the subject is absent or inaccurate or when there are multiple files in an article.

Maybe you're thinking of Unique Filer It compares images based on the content. I don't know if it's still being developed.