Forums / Support / Headers

Headers

If i have missed downloading the headers ( for a couple of days )from a newsgroup , when i come to download them it will say get to say 350,000 then reset back to 0 and start again and it will keep doing this until i hit the stop button i have checked the timeout settings etc.

Thanks for all your support!.

BinaryBoy's reply to geewhizza #667 @

If the cache becomes fragmented, Binary Boy will make multiple requests to fill the gaps. It would be unusual for it to make more than about three requests though.

To see how fragmented the cache is, go here:
C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR NAME\Local Settings\Application Data\Binary Boy\Cache

Then load binboy.bbcx into notepad or another text editor and scroll down to the newsgroup name. The ranges of previous refreshes will be on the next line. For exmaple: 736694-786693,787087-792226

If you do a refresh ALL, it will normally make no more refreshes than the number of ranges+2. In most cases it can eliminate some requests based on the range available from the server.

Does the bbcx file show lots of ranges for that newsgroup?

geewhizza's reply to BinaryBoy #669 @

Thanks once again for your great support..much appreciated :)

I will check this out a little bit later when i have a bit more time i may even remove it and reinstall it to see if this occurs again.