Forums / Support / Strange anomaly with Cox ng

Strange anomaly with Cox ng

The same search strings that work and filter properly with Randori, return totally whacked out results with Cox. Posts that I know to be complete (and can download just fine, albeit much more slowly, with XNews) show up as incomplete in BB. On Randori they show up as complete in BB. If I use a single filter word from the subject and not just filename like I often do, it seems to work, but adding a second condition totally hoses it. What do I need to do to properly create a log to diagnose the problem and find out what BB is seeing from these jerks at Cox?

BinaryBoy's reply to GxOxZxExR #706 @

Which Header Filter options in the settings are enabled?

Open a search session and find a file that incorrectly shows up as incomplete.

In the settings under the Logging tab, enable "Log subjects after refresh." and click Refresh. This will write the subjects to the log in the order Binary Boy looks at them to find complete files. You can reduce the size of the log by adjusting the Starting Point. Try not to make it so small that it misses parts that really are there.

Send log.txt from the Binary Boy folder to me and let me know which file should be complete. support at binaryboy dot com

You mentioned that adding a second condition to a filter can cause the problem. Are you adding a number to the filter? Can you give me an example of a filter string that triggers the problem?

GxOxZxExR's reply to BinaryBoy #720 @

I gave up on Cox and replaced my other news provider. It was alt.binaries.anime causing problems, but I never looked at any other groups. If I have some spare time next week I'll look at Cox again and see if it's still happening. Thanks for the reply.