Forums / Support / Multiple Servers

Multiple Servers

Are there any plans for Binary Boy to be able to use multiple servers? My example is that I am with one server, but they have two different addresses with three connections each. I would like to be able to connect with all six connections at once without duplications.

BinaryBoy's reply to SmokyMtnz #715 @

Yes, this is definitely planned. A workaround for now is to run Binary Boy with the -multi switch so you can have more than one instance running. Run Binary Boy normally, then for the second instance click Start | Run and type this: binboy.exe -multi

SmokyMtnz's reply to BinaryBoy #717 @

That's Great! Thanks for the info.

alamo's reply to SmokyMtnz #728 @

Be careful with this. I use that workaround only when necessary, it screws up the history (both message ID and decoded file history). One of the instances simply overwrites the history saved by the other. No idea if there are cache problems as well, I turned the cache off a long time ago as it caused too many problems switching servers.

BinaryBoy's reply to alamo #731 @

I'm surprised you had problems with the cache. It was designed from the ground up with multiple server support and even has protection for simultaneous access. The search session itself can still only access one at a time so you have to close the session after you swtich servers. Maybe that was the problem.