Forums / Support / Crashing when searching

Crashing when searching

Hello, I'm new to Binary Boy and was trying it out. It crashes whenever I am doing a search. I am using XP. I found the errorlog text file and it says the following (I edited info out, but the messgae is intact):
##-------------------------------------------------
## Binary Boy Error Log File
##
## Most of the errors logged to this file are not
## critical. They are logged to help in tracking
## the cause of any serious problems that may come
## up in the future.
##
## It is safe to delete this file. Binary Boy will
## create a new log when the next error occurs.
##
16:10:21: GetFirstLast error 2 while opening C:\Documents and Settings\**MY USER NAME**\Local Settings\Application Data\Binary Boy\Cache\netnews.**MYISP**.com!!alt.binaries.**NEWSGROUP**.txt

Any help would be appreciated.

BinaryBoy's reply to Deaden #782 @

That error means the file doesn't exist yet. That won't cause a crash. To see where the problem is, run Binary Boy from the Start | Run window like this: binboy.exe -log

When Binary Boy crashes, the last few lines of "c:\program files\binary boy\log.txt" will show what it was trying to do. You can send me these lines or the whole file if you like. Mail to support at binaryboy.com

There have been several crash problems recently and I haven't been able to track down the exact cause yet. Each log I receive will help narrow down the problem.

redjah3's reply to BinaryBoy #785 @

That error means the file doesn't exist yet. That won't cause a crash. To see where the problem is, run Binary Boy from the Start | Run window like this: binboy.exe -log

When Binary Boy crashes, the last few lines of "c:\program files\binary boy\log.txt" will show what it was trying to do. You can send me these lines or the whole file if you like. Mail to support at binaryboy.com

There have been several crash problems recently and I haven't been able to track down the exact cause yet. Each log I receive will help narrow down the problem. :D