Forums / Support / pro.binaryboy.com - poor performance?

pro.binaryboy.com - poor performance?

pro.binaryboy.com seems to be slipping down a very steep slope of performance degradation ATM.

For the last 4-5 days, groups that have ~2K post / day are only showing in p.bb.com as having 32 posts per day. (not ABOUT 32, either - exactly 32 posts a day)

Now p.bb.com doesn't allow connection (from either machince / ip combination I have access to, so its not a local problem)

Error given in OE is:

400 Too Many Connections [customers allows 1 per host/0 per feed (0 == nolimit)] (Tornado v1.0.6.370)

What gives? pro is supposed to have better retention and completion, at the tradeoff of a lower cap, this doesn't seem to be happening...

BinaryBoy's reply to scarface #795 @

Thanks. I'm aware of the problems and I've been trying to contact the admin at the pro provider for several weeks but either the emails aren't getting through or he's AWOL. Even emails marked high priority with a receipt requested get no response.

If you'd like your September subscription fee returned, send your username to support at binaryboy dot com and I'll credit your card/PayPal account.

BinaryBoy's reply to BinaryBoy #796 @

The single connection limit is temporary. This was posted on the provider's web site at 11am yesterday:

We have limited users to 1 connection in an effort to reduce the load on the fontend. We'll left this restriction as soon as the backlog has been processed.

Maybe the backlog he mentions is related to the completion rate. I've sent another email and this time used a different ISP and sent it to multiple addresses. Hopefully it will get through.