Forums / Support / Downloading Problem

Downloading Problem

Hello - I've opened an account to gain access to the binaryboy news servers and I'm having a few problems. I originally opened the account because I seemed to be having a few problems with my Road Runner news server... so I was hoping subscribing to a news server would help me out... sadly it didn't

This is my problem.

Whenever I go to download anything from any binaries newsgroup I get this error message about 80% of the time

"09/30/2004 5:06:21 PM * Unavail. : None of the article parts were available on the server(s) anymore (430 No Such Article)."

Now I realize news servers have different retention periods for the files.... but I get this no matter how old or new the files are... Whether the file is less than a day old (the software does say the binary is completely uploaded, so therefore it should be there for me to download) and I also try files that have been listed for quite a few days and I still have the same problem....

Now for the other 20% of the time when the file does actually start downloading... I have another major problem... When downloading, it keeps skipping parts of the file. So the software will list that the file is 15mb before I start - then as it starts you can see it skipping various parts then when the software reports the file as being 100% downloaded.... the final downloaded file is only about 20-30% (varies) of what the actual filesize should be... this is making it so I can't unrar any of what I download... and there is nowhere near enough downloaded in order to actually use par2 restoration stuff... or wahtever.

I have tried like 6 different applications to download from the binaries, but they pretty much all have the same problems....

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

I will say though - when connected to the pro server, the download speeds are excellent - So I'm hoping I can get this working!

BinaryBoy's reply to wtwhtalmh #801 @

The Pro server had a problem similar to this but it should be working now. If you email me a filename to search for and a newsgroup name, I'll log on and try to reproduce the problem. support at binaryboy dot com

If you were using the Pro server prior to the 28th, you should reset your cache. In Binary Boy you can do this from the Master Reset window under the File menu.