Forums / Support / "little" Stop button

"little" Stop button

I saw this asked in a previous thread in March, and thought I would bring it up again...

When I hit the "little" Stop button on the Progress tab, it terminates connections immediately (which we already know). Could you add a right-click menu option perhaps to stop after currently downloading parts are finished. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but when I hit the Stop button for some reason, it seems to lost track of the parts that were being downloaded. When I hit Go again it doesn't redownload those parts that were in the middle, but it also thinks they've already been downloaded. I have to do a Master Reset and start over for it to allow me to download those parts again because it has them marked as being downloaded for some reason... if that makes sense.

Can you give me some clarification on this?

G

BinaryBoy's reply to GxOxZxExR #807 @

Sorry, it won't be added in this version.

I'm not able to reproduce the problem you're seeing. Here's what I do:

Right-click a file and click "Download all parts of"
Click Stop on the Progress tab when in the middle of a part
Click Go
Binary Boy downloads the same part again

The Log tab confirms that it re-downloads the part after the Go button and the file is complete in the attachments folder.

Are you doing anything between the time you click the Stop button and when you try to download again? For example, are you closing the search session and starting a new search or are you just clicking Stop and then Go?

If you close the session or the newsgroup, the "next" pointer for the group will be updated, which will affect the results in a New search.

GxOxZxExR's reply to BinaryBoy #808 @

You're right, I was confusing two problems. The time I lost the file I hit Stop, then closed BB and came back later to run the same search. It didn't seem to download the parts it stopped on in that case. I'll make sure in the future that I don't close it if I plan on starting again. :) Thanks.

BinaryBoy's reply to GxOxZxExR #809 @

Saving and reloading the queue would also solve the problem.