Forums / Support / Disk Full messages

Disk Full messages

Hi,

I am a new user to your product having ditched Agent due to the binary decode problems caused by Zone Alarm.

Despite following all the advice in the FAQ I still get "The Disk is full. Stopping. Delete or move some files and click GO to continue." despite have 40 gig of empty disk space!!

Any other suggestions as to what the cause might be and how it could be corrected?

Many thnaks

BinaryBoy's reply to GeorgeUK #817 @

Binary Boy might be recording the wrong error number. I've made a change and will upload a new beta to http://www.binaryboy.com/patch.php in a few minutes.

GeorgeUK's reply to BinaryBoy #818 @

Binary Boy,

Dowloaded the patch and installed, but the problem is not cured.

Any further thoughts as to what I might do?

Many Thanks
George

BinaryBoy's reply to GeorgeUK #819 @

Let me know what the error number is at the end of errorlog.txt in c:\program files\binary boy\

Also... are you sure you have the Attachments and Parts folders set correctly on the Files tab in the Settings? They could be pointing to a different drive.

GeorgeUK's reply to BinaryBoy #820 @

BinaryBoy,

Please see the error log attached.

Same drive is being used. Main Attachments Folder is pointing to C:\My Downloads. Main Parts Folder is pointing to C:\Programme File\Binary Boy\ Parts. The Use separate parts subfolder for each newsgroup is checked.

Many thanks for your continued assistance.

George

BinaryBoy's reply to GeorgeUK #821 @

Hmmm. Well 112 is the Windows error for "There is not enough space on the disk."

Do you know if quotas are enabled on your system?

Go to Start | My Computer and right-click onthe drive. Click Properties. Click the Quota tab. Is "Enable quota management" checked or unchecked?

If it's checked and there are no limits on the main page, click the Quota Entries button and find your username. Right-click it and click Properties. Are there any limits on your username?

GeorgeUK's reply to BinaryBoy #822 @

BinaryBoy,

The OS I am using is Windows ME so there is no "Enable Quota" function.

I am alos runninf Norton Anti Virus 2002 and Zone Alarm.

George

BinaryBoy's reply to GeorgeUK #823 @

I have access to a Windows ME machine and will install and try to reproduce the problem later tonight.

It's odd that it can write to the error log but not to the Parts folder. I suggest running Binary Boy with the -log switch so you can see if the files are being written to the correct folder. Click Start. Click Run and then type binboy.exe -log

Binary Boy will write its progress to log.txt in the Binary Boy program folder. You can send it to me if you like at support at binaryboy dot com. Don't post it to the board.

If all else fails, you could even try setting the Parts and Attachments folders to a subfolder of the Program folder like:

c:\program files\Binary Boy\Parts\
c:\program files\Binary Boy\Attachments\

BinaryBoy's reply to BinaryBoy #824 @

Installed on ME and couldn't reproduce the problem. Let me know if the folders in the log are what you expected them to be or send me the log.txt

GeorgeUK's reply to BinaryBoy #828 @

Binary Boy,

Tried both the suggestions abovce, but still no joy!!
Log file being sent by separate e-mail

George

GeorgeUK's reply to GeorgeUK #829 @

Binary Boy,

Another thing that might help.

If after the download has prematurely stopped due to the disk full error, if I wait several minutes and then click GO downloads recommence.

George

BinaryBoy's reply to GeorgeUK #832 @

I'm beginning to wonder if it's a conflict with some other app. Nothing unusual is happening in the logs and everything else seems to write fine, including the log. When this error happens in the next build, Binary Boy will perform several checks to see whether the drive is actually full and will try to confirm that the data was actually written, then continue if possible That might at least work around the problem for now.

The next build will be uploaded tomorrow morning or maybe late tonight.

GxOxZxExR's reply to BinaryBoy #835 @

BTW, new build(s) fixed my problem also.

Thanks.

GeorgeUK's reply to GxOxZxExR #836 @

BinaryBoy,

Sorry for not getting back sooner, but I have been away.

Whilst on holiday I had someone check my system over and it would appear that I had some disk "issues" that have now been resolved.

I used BB last night with no problems whatsoever.

I would, therefore, like to take this opportunity to thank you for all of your efforts in trying to resolve the problem.

Many Thanks

George :D :D

BinaryBoy's reply to GeorgeUK #837 @

Ah good. Thanks for the update.