Forums / Support / Mac OS Binaries

Mac OS Binaries

Has anyone had issues with Mac OS Binaries working out? I am using WinXP + Latest BinaryBoy Pro. When I download all the parts of messages containing a Mac Binary (for example a .SIT stuffit file) it fails to end up leaving a consolidated binary on my drive (even though I don't normally have a problem with Mac Binaries in compressed archives like .sit sitting on my hard drive).

I noticed in SOME messages I get an error #80. But in some cases it is able to download all message parts but builds no binary.

I've kept the BBT files in the parts folder, and looked through them. In many cases they appear to be a complete set... all files as posted.

Any ideas on what to do or if there is a way to get them from BBT to Mac Binaries?

I've had NO luck with Mac OS news readers + binaries, and I prefer Binary Boy to any other so far...

- alinear

BinaryBoy's reply to alinear #860 @

If you want to point me to a newsgroup and filename to search for, I'll be happy to download it and track down what's going wrong. You can email the info to support at binaryboy dot com. If the BBT files in a .zip file are less than 2MB or so, you can email them to me if you like.

Error 80 means the file exists. You can override this by using the Force Download command on the right-click menu or by changing the overwrite options on the Files tab in the Settings.

If you're using Zone Alarm, make sure it's the latest version or that you're using Binary Boy 1.95. The previous Zone Alarm version blocks yEnc files.

Keep in mind that Binary Boy decodes in a low priority thread in order to keep the GUI responsive so it might take a few seconds after the download finishes before you see the decoded file.

You can force BBT files to decode despite any errors or missing parts by using the Dr. Binary command under the File menu.