Forums / Support / error 11004

error 11004

Receiving the following error in the log. Tried old BB version, and both upgrades with the same results.

Connection failed with error 11004 - The requested name is valid and was found in the database, but it does not have the correct associated data being resolved for..
Failed to connect to server "news.charter.net" port 119. Will retry.

Can you help?

BinaryBoy's reply to jellyfish #864 @

This can happen when the subdomain is wrong, although it looks ok in this case. That server is acceptting connections.

If the setup wizard runs after Binary Boy is already set up, the correct news server could show up in the settings but the wrong one could be in the registry. Look at news_server and news_port in the registry at KEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Hochsw\BinaryBoy\1.00

If that's the problem, you can correct it by retyping the server address and port on the Server tab in the settings and clicking the Apply or OK button.

jellyfish's reply to BinaryBoy #867 @

Hi. Thanks for your reply. I did not quite understand the ananlysis you suggested I make or which file to look in for such text. I tried your suggested fix and I still get the same error result. I am a registered user, should I try to re-install the program or do you have any other suggestions? If I must re-install, please send me a link to get the latest registered version of the program.

Thanks!

BinaryBoy's reply to jellyfish #868 @

If what I described is the problem, then retyping the address on the Server tab in the settings should fix it.

If all else fails, use the IP address instead of news.charter.net: 69.28.173.183

Send your order id to support at binaryboy dot com and I'll send you a link for the latest Pro installer right away.

jellyfish's reply to BinaryBoy #869 @

Thanks. I re-installed the program, but it still did not work until I tried a new address for us Charter users. In case anybody needs it, news.charter.net has been replaced by nntp.charter.net yet I still had to delete and re-install Binary Boy to get it to take.