Forums / Support / Handling of .nzb files

Handling of .nzb files

The site i'm currently visiting has nzb files online and they have been made by newzleecher. When i use the nzb files it completely skips some of the files in the sets completely. If i download the original nzb files (Usually made by Powerposter) there's no problems. I've tried to check the files in another program (Newsbin pro) and this doesn't skip the files at all.

Besides that, could you make it so that when reading the nzb files, it extracts the group name as well. As it is now, everything downloaded will be piled up in the main download directory, and not in the groups specific sub-folder.

Those were the words.
Keep up the excellent work, this is still numero uno in the Binary downloaders in my mind :D

BinaryBoy's reply to Firefly #898 @

Can you send me an .nzb file that doesn't work and the name of one of the files that's skipped? You can email to support at binaryboy dot com

The code doesn't link NZB queue items to their newsgroups in the same way as regular queue items, which is why it ignores the group folder. Unfortunately I can't remember why I did it that way so I'm hesitant to change it. I'll look into it further though.

Firefly's reply to BinaryBoy #899 @

I'm currently downloading from a nzb file and it has skipped posts, i'll dobbelcheck with newsbin and send it to you if newsbin will do it.

BinaryBoy's reply to Firefly #900 @

By the way, even if other newsreaders fail to handle the NZB file properly, you could send it to me anyway and I'll try to track down the exact cause. Then I can possibly write a workaround and inform the developer of the exact problem.

Firefly's reply to BinaryBoy #901 @

I've just finished downloading......I'll send you a complete desciption, along with logs (If i didn't turn it off :) )

BTW while i remember, while downloading....If i open and handle files in Dr. Binary, i often get "Can't create error" on the parts that are downloading.

sherlock2667's reply to BinaryBoy #933 @

FireFly, et al:

I am working on a project involving Binary Boy and one of the discussion topics involves NZB file downloads. I'm wondering (hoping actually) that someone can provide me a news server / newsgroup(s) that have NZB files that I can download and experiment with.

Thanx and Regards,

sherlock2667

BinaryBoy's reply to sherlock2667 #935 @

NewzBin is the original service. http://www.newzbin.com/ Anyone know of a free one?

sherlock2667's reply to Firefly #940 @

Firefly & Binary Boy:

Thanx for the advise and information. Tremendous help.

Have a great day and regards.

sherlock2667 :)