Forums / Support / Slow download speen

Slow download speen

How do I speed up my downloads? I am running a high speed ethernet connection, I cannot dl faster than 160kbps, at other sites I download at up to 250-350kbps. My connection is rated at 1.5mbps, any sugestions?

BinaryBoy's reply to tolo #908 @

Is this on news.binaryboy.com? Right now I'm seeing at least 300Kbps with spikes up to 1000Kbps and an average of about 500Kbps.

On the Server tab in the Binary Boy settings, make sure the bandwidth throttle is off. It can be enabled/disabled per server.

If you're only using 1 download connection, try increasing it to 2 on the Server tab in the Binary Boy settings.

Go to the command prompt and type tracert news.binaryboy.com If any of the hops times out or is slow, it might explain the speed. You might get a better connection to pro.binaryboy.com, although the download limit is lower. You can switch servers at http://www.binaryboy.com/newscp.php

Make sure you're running Binary Boy 1.95 so Binary Boy keeps downloading while it decodes files.

tolo's reply to BinaryBoy #909 @

I have throttle not checked, and connections set at 2, and am running latest version of BB, I have Qwest high speed dsl rated at `1.5mbps.
an actiontec dsl modem. I have tweaked just about everything and nothing seems to work, btw BB rocks, and yes I am using news.binaryboy

tolo's reply to tolo #910 @

I have throttle not checked, and connections set at 2, and am running latest version of BB, I have Qwest high speed dsl rated at `1.5mbps.
an actiontec dsl modem. I have tweaked just about everything and nothing seems to work, btw BB rocks, and yes I am using news.binaryboy

By the way, excuse my ignorance but where is the command prompt to type in the tracert info to check the results?

BinaryBoy's reply to tolo #911 @

Start | All Programs | Accessories | Command Prompt

BinaryBoy's reply to BinaryBoy #912 @

Hmmm. It appears tracert might not help. At least one of the routers along the way doesn't respond to pings even when the server is up. You might want to switch over to pro.binaryboy.com temporarily to see if it makes a difference.