Forums / Support / v1.95 Build 153 Crashes while Updating new headers

v1.95 Build 153 Crashes while Updating new headers

Most of the time especially when updating newgroups with over 100,000 headers which is pretty common. Any updates on this.. as I was downloading some tiles 1/2way and would be a real pain to find those that was downloaded and without havin to redownload again to find out where it was.

BinaryBoy's reply to andylouie #945 @

Someone else reported a crash recently but I'm unable to reproduce it so far. If this is happening consistently in one newsgroup, please let me know which one: support at binaryboy dot com

If you send me a log, that will be very helpful as well. Instructions for creating a log are at http://www.binaryboy.com/faq.php#HowToLog

andylouie's reply to BinaryBoy #946 @

Test for message. Here it is the log file from today at 11:00. This happens to any newgroups of this.. about 40-50 newsgroups of this category in this area and some with movies, etc would also lead to crash while downloading just the headers only.

BinaryBoy's reply to andylouie #947 @

Don't post logs publicly. They can contain passwords.

I'm looking over the log now.

andylouie's reply to BinaryBoy #948 @

Thanks and appreciate once again for the time...

andy

BinaryBoy's reply to andylouie #949 @

The latest build should fix this. http://www.binaryboy.com/patch.php

Seems Binary Boy could crash if it received a notification that the connection closed while it was searching the cache.

andylouie's reply to BinaryBoy #950 @

A REALLY TRULY FANTASTIC PRODUCT AND A WONDERFUL TO USE. NO HASSLES, ON THE SPOT UPDATES. THE BEST I HAVE EVER ENCOUNTERED with many years in the IT world. **************

BinaryBoy's reply to andylouie #953 @

Thanks! Can I put that on the testimonials page?

andylouie's reply to BinaryBoy #957 @

Most Definitely you can.

BinaryBoy's reply to andylouie #959 @

Thank you.

andylouie's reply to andylouie #996 @

v1.95 Build 157 still crashes sometimes when accessing large groups with a lot of headers over 1,000,000+++ or even more headers... Any ideas ?

This happens when I try to do a search like *Jesus and then from there I go to the particular newsgroup.

BinaryBoy's reply to andylouie #997 @

The crash I fixed was related to the connection closing. Binary Boy can still run out of memory with a large group. How much RAM does your system have? If you can reproduce the problem, you could run Binary Boy with the -log switch and then send me the last few lines of log.txt so I can see if the previous problem still exists. support at binaryboy dot com