Forums / Support / 10060 error

10060 error

I am with SBC. For the last couple of days I have not been able to use BB to dowmload. It keeps disconnecting and reconnection. And I get a error code of 10060. What is it, and why?

Buster

BinaryBoy's reply to Buster52 #973 @

10060 is "A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond."

To test to see if it's a connection problem, go to a command prompt and try to telnet to the server like this:

telnet your_server.com 119

If the connection works, you'll see a greeting beginning with a 3-digit number. If you send me the server address, I'll try to telnet to it from here.

Buster52's reply to BinaryBoy #976 @

Tne connection address I have been using is, news.sf.sbcglobal.net. That is what I have been using for the last year or more.

Thanks

Buster

BinaryBoy's reply to Buster52 #977 @

At this moment, 1:10pm eastern, news.sf.sbcglobal.net is up and responding. If you're still unable to connect, you can send me a log if you like. (Send to support at binaryboy dot com) Instructions for creating a log are here:

http://www.binaryboy.com/faq.php#HowToLog

Buster52's reply to BinaryBoy #990 @

I have been able only one time in the last week to get it to download. It keeps dropping. I have sent you my log file.

Thanks

Buster

BinaryBoy's reply to Buster52 #991 @

It's not dropping the connection. It's getting an error when creating the part files. Your parts folder might be full. Try cleaning it up.