Forums / Support / BinBoy 195b622 bug...

BinBoy 195b622 bug...

:eek:

Shut down BBoy and it deletes a whole bunch of files from my HD without asking!!!

Did it twice before I caught it in Task Manager... First time I just thought I had a virus or something that was cleaning my drive for me... This time I caught it and killed it. Turns out it didn't like that I moved some older downloaded files from other newsgroups into a new folder INSIDE my "attachments" main folder. Net result is it does't shut down but deletes all the files in alien folders instead. :eek: Not cool!!!

I'd suggest a more "manual" option to do cleanup..... :p

BinaryBoy's reply to TedB #1027 @

Do you have "Delete attachments older than" enabled on the Files tab in the settings?

Recent builds move old attachments to the recylce bin instead of deleting so they are probably still available.

TedB's reply to BinaryBoy #1029 @

Yes, I had "delete older than 30 days" switched on.... but didn't notice this behavior in 195b157... ahh, I see, newer builds clean up sub-folders as well.... I guess it's working "as intended" then...... hmm, this may be a little unsafe if me has Attachments folder pointing to a "real" folder under my main Downloads directory and has subfolders in it.... maybe there should be a "cleanup subfolders" switch there too...

Yes, thanks, I restored them both times.... Thank the Lawd I didn't disable the recycle bin for this drive like I have done for my other DVD images drive... {"_"}