Forums / Support / DNS/News server problem

DNS/News server problem

Somethings wrong with the DNS server. If you need to connect to news.binaryboy.com, use corpsurge1.newsfeeds.com instead. If you need to connect to pro.binaryboy.com, use 66.150.105.121.

BinaryBoy's reply to BinaryBoy #1149 @

A support ticket has been open for this with AffordableHost since Wednesday but they haven't responded yet and a recorded message says they don't take phone calls on the weekend. I'll still keep plugging away though.

By the way, AffordableHost was bought by a new company. This would have been fixed in about 20 minutes under the previous management. :mad:

BinaryBoy's reply to BinaryBoy #1150 @

I'm moving the binaryboy.com domain name and all its subdomains to a new DNS server that I can manage myself without waiting for tech support. This has caused binaryboy.com to disappear for about 7 hours and it might not come back for everyone for another day or so. Sorry about that. I thought the move would be more graceful.

On the positive side, the new news servers will have binaryboy.com subdomains like the original two, which will be much easier to remember. The old addresses will continue to work though.

BinaryBoy's reply to BinaryBoy #1151 @

news.binaryboy.com and pro.binaryboy.com are live again, at least in this corner of the world. In addition, you can use any of the following to access the new servers:

nyc.binaryboy.com - New York
phx.binaryboy.com - Phoenix
ams.binaryboy.com - Amsterdam

I see by the incoming spam that the MX records are updating too. :-/