Forums / Support / Downloaded parts disappear

Downloaded parts disappear

Hi there,
I am quite new to BinaryBoy and have the following problem which hopefully can be solved by anyone here:

I have started a search and found some files. I am right clicking a file and select "Download all parts of ...". Afterwards, Binary Boy puts the parts in to the Queue and it seems to download them. When all parts were finished, the Incoming Filder is empty but the log displays no error message.
What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,
Markus

BinaryBoy's reply to NiteFlame #1175 @

Was there a full green disk beside the subject or was it a broken disk? A broken disk shows that the file is incomplete on the server.

Go to the Search Strings tab in the settings. Could the Filename Filter have matched a part of the filename? If so, Binary Boy would have deleted the file.

Go to the File menu and click Open Parts Folder. Are the parts of the file still there? If so, you can use Dr. Binary (File | Dr. Binary or Alt-D) to force the file to decode, although it won't play completely unless all parts are found.

If all else fails and you'd like to create a log, run Binary Boy from the Start | Run window like this: binboy.exe -log -declog Then right-click the same file and click Force Download. Binary Boy will write it's progress to c:\program files\binary boy\log.txt. You can email that file to support <at> binaryboy dot com if you like and I'll try to figure out what's happening.

BinaryBoy's reply to BinaryBoy #1177 @

For anyone who might have this problem in the future:

Turns out it was a BinHex post, which Binary Boy doesn't handle because there's no standard way to store the Mac resource fork on a Windows file system. Unfortunately Binary Boy does not display an appropriate error in this situation.