Forums / Support / v1.91, Build 641

v1.91, Build 641

The installation seems to hang while installing the hlp file. WinXP said it wasn't responding, so I killed it, and tried again. Same thing. Everything seems OK, however.
 

BinaryBoy's reply to Stoner #93 @

Originally posted by Stoner
The installation seems to hang while installing the hlp file. WinXP said it wasn't responding, so I killed it, and tried again. Same thing. Everything seems OK, however.


Darn. I just bought a new version of Wise to prevent this problem.

Can you send me your install.log file from the Binary Boy folder?
 

Stoner's reply to Stoner #94 @

Well, I've attached the log, but I've got more bad news. The search/filter criteria I've been using for the last several days now comes back with absolutely NO files for downloading...which can't be possible with the NG's I visit. HELP!
 

BinaryBoy's reply to Stoner #95 @

Originally posted by Stoner
Well, I've attached the log, but I've got more bad news. The search/filter criteria I've been using for the last several days now comes back with absolutely NO files for downloading...which can't be possible with the NG's I visit. HELP!


The log wasn't recorded for the latest install, probably because of the freeze. I was hoping the new version would fix that as well. I'll have to mess with it when I install XP.

Look at the Header Filter tab in the settings. Make sure all options are off. Set your starting point to All and set the search string to * Then click refresh. Do you get any subjects?
 

Stoner's reply to Stoner #96 @

I deleted the INSTALL.LOG file, re-downloaded build 641, and the install went just fine.

Regarding the searches, I have no header filters, but one of my global filters was "!!rrr" (no quotes). When I removed that, everthing seemed back to normal :)
 

BinaryBoy's reply to Stoner #98 @

Originally posted by Stoner
I deleted the INSTALL.LOG file, re-downloaded build 641, and the install went just fine.

Regarding the searches, I have no header filters, but one of my global filters was "!!rrr" (no quotes). When I removed that, everthing seemed back to normal :)


It may have been because Binary Boy didn't close the help file. If that's the case I might have a setting messed up somewhere because the installer is supposed to handle that. I'll try to recreate the problem and find the cause.

The search string code doesn't like double !'s. I could change this easily but !! would only cancel itself out anyway. If there's any demand for weirdness like !!!!!something & !!!"something else" | !!!!!blah please let me know. :)
 

BinaryBoy's reply to Stoner #99 @

I did a test and it's definitely not a sharing problem. It might be a custom portion of the installer that I added. This custom section will now write its progress to log.txt like Binary Boy does. A successful install should look like this in the log:

10:23:46: Decompressing 1.
10:23:46: Decompressing 2.
10:23:46: Decompressing 3.
10:23:46: Decompressing 4.
10:23:46: Decompressing 5.
10:23:47: Decompressing 6.
10:23:47: Decompressing 7.

If a future build freezes, please send the last portion of the log.txt file to [email]support@binaryboy.com[/email]