Forums / Support / BB doesnt work right after system crash

BB doesnt work right after system crash

If binary boy closes uncleanly -- say a system freeze or a forceable kill, the next time it opens it will not download any parts.

The only workaround is to use the master reset button -- selecting all parts.. Which is to say that the problem could be just one of those parts.

BinaryBoy's reply to darthwonka #102 @

Originally posted by darthwonka
If binary boy closes uncleanly -- say a system freeze or a forceable kill, the next time it opens it will not download any parts.

The only workaround is to use the master reset button -- selecting all parts.. Which is to say that the problem could be just one of those parts.

Binary Boy remembers either the highest scanned or highest downloaded article for each newsgroup. Just a guess here but that number may have been saved to disk before the program was forced to close and before it actually downloaded the articles. The master reset zeroes this number, so that may be why it started working again.

Stoner's reply to darthwonka #105 @

I had a similar problem in that BB would skip messages if it was stopped for any reason before everything in the queue was actually downloaded. Changing the search to remember the highest downloaded, rather than the highest scanned, seemed to resolve the problem.

I also changed the search to sort by newest last, and the queue download order to oldest first, so that if I got behind retrieving messages, I'd be more likely to catch all the messages before they expired on the server.

Now if I could only figure out how to restart the downloading items in the queue after hitting the Stop button...