Forums / Support / v1.91, Build 812

v1.91, Build 812

PLEASE - no more log files that I can't control the destination and/or maximum size of!!!

I already have had to create batch files to delete the the ever growing errorlog.txt and multiple log.txt files (if enabled). If log files aren't ESSENTIAL to successfully identifying program/user issues, PLEASE give us the ability to put them where we please, and/or stipulate a maximum file size! I'd also like to be able to stipulate where the cache files go, as well as any other files that change regularly.

Why? I try to keep files that often change in a separate partition or drive, so I don't have to defrag the unchanged partition/drive so often. I know it becomes a bit more difficult to work with users if files aren't where you like them, but I'm in log hell!!! Every program I have, except for most games, allows me to stipulate where files that are updated should be placed, and/or a maximum filesize. PLEASE give me the control I need to manange my system!

BTW, I like the concept of tracking how much has been downloaded, just NOT the way it's been implemented!

BinaryBoy's reply to Stoner #162 @

The bytes.txt file was created to track down a problem one user is having. I intend to remove this feature when the problem is resolved unless anyone is interested in keeping it.

I'll see what I can do about the file locations.

Stoner's reply to Stoner #164 @

THANKS!

But, when I download the Pro Beta version, I'm still getting build 812 (bbstbeta.exe 9/24/2002 12:39 PM).

BinaryBoy's reply to Stoner #165 @

Originally posted by Stoner
THANKS!

But, when I download the Pro Beta version, I'm still getting build 812 (bbstbeta.exe 9/24/2002 12:39 PM).

The correct file is there. I logged in with ftp manually as well as downloaded it using the link on the patch page. It should be dated 9/25 and contain 917593 bytes. It displays build #835.

Maybe you ran an older file? Or maybe you got a cached copy somehow?

twohead's reply to Stoner #166 @

this build has moved all the cache files into the main binary boy directory.. hoping this was an oversight as now assuming you want to find the log files, they are mixed in with a zillion cache files:rolleyes:

BinaryBoy's reply to Stoner #167 @

Originally posted by twohead
this build has moved all the cache files into the main binary boy directory.. hoping this was an oversight as now assuming you want to find the log files, they are mixed in with a zillion cache files:rolleyes:

A fix is available at http://www.binaryboy.com/patch.php
:D

Stoner's reply to Stoner #170 @

Well, maybe it was a cockpit error. When I tried again today for the third time, i got Build 849 just fine.

The cache and log file options seem to be working great. I copied the cache files to the new folder after creating the reg entries, not knowing if I needed to or not. But, that seemed to be OK.

Thanks again!!!

BinaryBoy's reply to Stoner #171 @

Originally posted by Stoner
Well, maybe it was a cockpit error. When I tried again today for the third time, i got Build 849 just fine.

The cache and log file options seem to be working great. I copied the cache files to the new folder after creating the reg entries, not knowing if I needed to or not. But, that seemed to be OK.

Thanks again!!!

Great!

You can move the cache files over or it will create new ones.