Forums / Support / Preserve split files after decode.

Preserve split files after decode.

It looks like if you don't have "Preserve split files after decode" checked on the Files tab, BB is deleting .000-.999, .bat, .sfc, and .crc files. Can you also delete any associated PAR files (.PAR, .P01-.P99)? They're kind of useless without the split files.

BinaryBoy's reply to Stoner #208 @

Are you sure it's deleting those other files? Binary Boy is only supposed to delete the numbered files.

Stoner's reply to Stoner #209 @

No, I'm not sure on the non-numbered files. I just haven't seen any lately, which is unusual, so I assumed BB was deleting them.

Stoner's reply to Stoner #210 @

I just watched one that was assembled that had a .bat and .crc file, and those files remained, so it looks like it is only deleting the number files.

After reviewing some other remnants in the attachment folder, some folks also include .txt, .nfo, and other files, so it looks like you'd have to delete all files with the same filename - which may not be such a great idea.

A better idea might be to use a different folder for decoded (assembled) attachments, then let BB cleanup the attachments folder (as it already can). I use a batch file now to do this. That way, I've got the split and par files to rebuild from if some of the split files were corrupt, and I don't have to bother babysitting the attachments folder.

Anyway, my batch file's working fine to do this - so it's just something to ponder.