Forums / Support / Announcing SyncMySite 64-bit!

Announcing SyncMySite 64-bit!

SyncMySite has been updated. The installer will setup either a 32-bit or 64-bit version depending on your operating system. The latest build also improves file change detection. The previous build could miss changes during long uploads. You can download from http://binaryboy.com/syncmysite/download.php

In case you didn't know, SyncMySite makes it easy to upload web files from any editor so you don't have to mess with an FTP program directly. Just save to disk and SyncMySite uploads the file automatically. It works with image editors, html editors, programming IDEs, etc...

Delete4Sure is likely to be the next app to have a native 64-bit build. It compiles but still needs more testing. Binary Boy 64 will take a bit longer. All of the original code now compiles ok as 64-bit but it relies on some 32-bit third party libraries that need to be updated.

:cool::D:cool::D:cool::D:cool::D

nikkil's reply to BinaryBoy #15986 @

Hi. Has anyone used this yet? Any comments so far?

BinaryBoy's reply to nikkil #15990 @

It's not getting as many downloads as it should for what a great program it is. I use SyncMySite 64-bit (and previously the 32-bit version) every day for my web work. It makes life MUCH easier. Whenever I save a file from my web editor, SyncMySite immediately uploads it to the test site. Even when rolling back changes with Git, it uploads those changed files as well. (Although the filter needs to have *.git* in it so it doesn't upload the repository).

Edit: 32/64 compatibility bug has been fixed in build 14. http://binaryboy.com/syncmysite

BinaryBoy's reply to BinaryBoy #16057 @

Binary Boy 64 will take a bit longer. All of the original code now compiles ok as 64-bit but it relies on some 32-bit third party libraries that need to be updated.

Slight update: All of the third party libraries now compile and link correctly as 64-bit. Additional compatibility work needs to be done though. When a setting will not benefit from the 64-bit integer size and it is saved to disk, it needs to remain a 32-bit value for file compatibility. There are several places in the code where this is an issue.